Tuesday, July 26, 2011

With a little help and understanding

www.pinkpantherfan.ca


Til I Am Myself Again by Blue Rodeo

Today is a better day...and I am at home :) That means a lot! I am not myself yet, but I do see a little glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Okay, maybe just a flicker but it is something. Someone wants to come in my corner and help me fight the demons. I didn't ask...they offered. I don't know how to express how that makes me feel. It is so overwhelming to me for people to do that. I'm old (not that old) and I just have no frame of reference for that behaviour....it doesn't happen to me very often. The kindness of humanity....Thank you.

Bottom line is, I can't fight this alone. I just don't have it in me. I know that what is happening is wrong and should be fixed/corrected. If I could hate, yell, get angry, stand up for myself...well, for starters I probably wouldn't have allowed the bullying that occurred at work to even happen...and then I wouldn't be fighting the demons that they (DPCDSB) threw my way. But I don't do any of those things. I curl up, hide behind my wall and cry...

I've been told time and again that I am overly-sensitive. But does that have to be a bad thing? Do I have to be like everyone else, in order to be accepted? Maybe if I didn't feel attacked I wouldn't be sensitive about what you say to me? A page from the Book of Wisdom by Livia Sdraulig (my mom! <3) "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

One shout out to someone with the uncanny ability of helping me to see that I am a good person and worth it...

I'm the happy person and I liked me. I really did! And someday I will be Myself Again.
Hope you enjoyed the song while you were reading. Blue Rodeo is my favourite group!

No comments:

Post a Comment