Sunday, August 28, 2011

Something tells me you are here with me :) PART 2


When I Look to the Sky - Train


2) THE TIME I WAS HIT BY A CAR AND DIED
Like it happened yesterday, I remember setting off to school alone. Alone, because I had been dawdling and my siblings left without me so they wouldn't be late. But I was already going to be late so I meandered as soon as I was out of the line of vision of my mother. In the first block I had to pass the house with the Doberman Pincer that always barked fiercely at people walking by carefully and slowly so he wouldn't get loose and attack me. That dog always terrified me. Then there was the hedge with the ladybugs that I loved to see but feared them jumping from the leaf and onto me. I was probably about 8 years old and lost in my own little world. Having overcome those terrifying hurdles, my mind began to wander and I started thinking about God and how we came to be and whether we were alone in the wonderous vastness of the universe. And then suddenly I am not looking up to the sky any longer...instead I watch - from a vantage point some 5 feet above my head - I watch as I step off the curb and begin to cross Jewell Street. I was in awe...this was so cool. I watched until I was 3/4 of the way across the street and then I was back. The memory ends there. I probably got in trouble for being late for school...but I blocked that out...lol!
It was many years later before I learned or heard about "the white light" theory or of people who have "died" and experienced the same thing I did as a child. I didn't know it at the time...but when I initially heard of the phenomenon I immediately recalled the experience and decided I probably was supposed to die then - perhaps being hit by a car but "someone" changed their mind and let me live. Thank you whoever you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment